The month of June is full of fantastic racing events. Elkhart Lake’s Road America AMA and June sprints are happening the entire month, and fans are looking forward to the occasion. The June schedule is full of exciting races, and here is a list of what’s to come to the amazing and challenging Road America roadways.
- Beginning May 31st -June 2nd, the Subway Superbike Doubleheader and Geico Motorcycle AMA Pro Road Racing begins. Road America’s 4.05 mile natural road course will be the arena for the annual Geico Motorcycle AMA Pro Road races in early June. It’s one of the most challenging tracks on the AMA schedule. This two-wheel race war draws quite a huge crowd, and includes a weekend of double headers in four different Geico racing classes. Fans are able to participate in open karting and drag racing demos.
- The AHRMA (American Historic Racing Motorcycle Association) Vintage Motorcycle Classic gets underway on June 7th through the 9th. The race features vintage motorcycles from the 1920’s through the early 1970’s. AHRMA also showcases vintage superbikes from the 80’s and 90’s. AHRMA has dedicated its organization to the preservation of the heritage of motorcycle racing. The Road America track is a favorite for vintage riders because of its four-mile course, multiple turns and the rise and fall of the terrain. Fans will be entertained by cross-country and trial competitions.
- The Weathertech Chicago Region SCCA June Sprints starts on June 13th and runs through June 16th. These sprints highlight everything from showroom stock cars to highly modified purpose-built racecars. The event hosts ten race groups in four days, filled with practice, qualifying, and competition. Road America’s trackside views are amazing and offer delicious food for drivers and fans.
- Nascar Nationwide and ARCA/Trans-Am comes to the Road America tracks June 20th-22nd. Fans will experience ARCA and Trans-Am Qualifying rounds and wheel-to-wheel racing. Fans also get the opportunity to watch Nascar’s future star drivers test their road skills on Road America’s famous four mile, fourteen turn track. This challenging circuit separates the good drivers from the great drivers and fans get to watch all of the excitement.
- The end of June hosts the Optima Face-Off at Road America on the 23rd. On this high-speed weekend, Optima Batteries holds one of its Optima Ultima Streetcar qualifying events. This end of June event includes autocross, road course, and braking and acceleration challenges. The Optima Face-Off also wraps up the June races and sprints month with an exciting style competition and road rally that fans will not want to miss.
The month of June gives avid race fans the chance to enjoy all styles of racing and high-speed competition; from vintage bikes to custom-built racecars. There is something for everyone craving speed at the Road America tracks this summer.
Posted in Area Attractions, Things To Do | No Comments »